For French version/Pour la version française – Click Here/Cliquez ici
We are a premier investment firm offering alternative specialty product solutions to Canadian high net worth clients, businesses and advisors within the IIROC and EMD channels with a view to building long-term relationships and personalized client service. We place a high value on our team spirit, camaraderie and creating a culture where each of us has an opportunity to succeed. We are a solution-oriented and a collaborative team seeking like-minded individuals who thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Reporting to Head of Operations, as a Bilingual Client Services Assistant and Office Administrator, you will be responsible for inbound calls from advisors and end clients, answering e-mails and fax requests, supporting some clerical aspects of the sales, marketing and operations teams.
Key responsibilities include:
Client Services and Operational Support
- Acting as backup for Senior Client Services Associate to manage daily Client Services tasks, Fund closing, year-end process and other Client Services related tasks.
- Daily verification of documents and reminders if necessary
- Processing of payments, checks and confirmations
- Daily activity reports
- Daily entries on our website or when deemed necessary
- Production of documents or copies on request
- Supports management in various tasks that involve contact with our clients and advisors
- Assist Senior Accountant on Employee expense reimbursement claim processing.
- Copying/scanning/filing of checks, supporting invoices and journal entries.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other tasks as directed by Management and other such services and duties as may reasonably be assigned by Marquest from time to time.
- Coordinating, organizing and maintaining the office filing room, storage and copier areas.
- Order office supplies and kitchen supplies.
- Order and maintain archived material, recall and return upon request.
- Scanning/shredding of documents.
- Distribution of faxes throughout the day.
- Pick up mail from mailbox and open/ distribute as directed.
- Maintain marketing material in the office for easy assembly into packages.
- Prepare outgoing Canada Post mail and various courier packages.
- Ensure fax Machine and designated printers have enough paper.
- Maintain boardrooms.
- Acting as liaison with certain office supply and service vendors.
- Preparation of correspondence for Executive team.
- Assistance with filing of documentation for operational staff.
- Preparation of binders, labels and dividers for operational staff.
- Answer telephones, control voicemail daily (on/off) and check messages in general voice mailbox.
- Greet clients, walk-ins and brokers for meetings and guide to the appropriate boardroom.
- Maintain reception area in neat working order that is free of clutter and ensure cleanliness of kitchen (counters, cupboards, dishwasher)
- Other tasks as directed by Management.
Your core values are honesty, integrity, and transparency that help you in maintaining your high work ethics. You can combine your enthusiasm, passion, curiosity, education and experiences to see the bigger picture, focus on the details, solve complex problems and communicate your ideas effectively to a broad range of people.
- Fluently bilingual, French and English, written and oral (preference given to Québec French)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economy or Marketing preferred
- Strong knowledge of client management systems and reporting tools (Diamond, Excel, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Ability to work within a team environment with little supervision
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with high energy approach and thinking capability
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute daily tasks
- Work from our Toronto office
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume in confidence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only selected individuals will be contacted for follow-up.