Marquest Asset Management is a boutique Asset Management firm located in downtown Toronto and has been serving the national investment market for 35 years and priding itself in its entrepreneurial drive and mindset.
We are currently looking for a full-time or part-time Office Administration and Financial Assistant to support our Office Administration operation and our Fund subscription and Accounting processing team in our downtown Toronto office.
Work term length: 3 – 6 months.
Pay range: unpaid co-op position.
Start date: As soon as possible.
This role reports directly to our Chief Operations Officer.
- Scanning/shredding of documents as required
- Pick up mail from company mailbox and distribute as directed
- Ensure copier, and designated printers are well supplied (paper and toner)
- Maintain office space in neat working order and free of clutter
- Ensure cleanliness of kitchen (counters, cupboards, dishwasher)
- Maintain boardroom
- Client Services – Scanning subscription form soft copies to folders/filing hardcopies in cabinet
- Accounting – Copying, filing, scanning of checks and supporting invoices
- Preparation of binders, labels, dividers for staff & assistance with documentation filing
Expectations and Experience
- Well-organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and excellent time management/multi-tasking abilities.
- Able to take the initiative and ensure tasks are completed promptly on a timely basis.
- Strong computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Works well as part of a team and has the ability to self-manage;
- Must be a highly motivated, accountable, customer service and team-oriented individual;
- Understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
- Pursuant of Bachelors’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or any relevant University program.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and resume in 1 document (in pdf format) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.